DECLARATION REGARDING CONFIDENTIALITY
AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
The website https://www.unesco-centerbg.org (“Уебсайт”) is owned and operated by Association ‘Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under UNESCO Auspices’. This Declaration is designed to inform you of the manner in which Association ‘Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under UNESCO Auspices’ processes your personal data, the purposes for which such data are processed, the safeguards and guarantees for the protection of the processed data, your rights and the way to exercise them, all in compliance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (further herein: ‘Regulation 2016/679’ or ‘GDPR’) and the other applicable legislation of the European Union and the Republic of Bulgaria.
By the present Declaration regarding Confidentiality, we would like to advise you as to what information we collect on our Website and how we use it. The present Declaration of Confidentiality applies solely to information collected through this Website, and does not concern any information gathered and processed by Association ‘Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under UNESCO Auspices’ by other legal means that are subject to a different kind of regulation.
Data controller details:
Association ‘Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under UNESCO Auspices’ is a voluntary, politically unaffiliated cultural organization, established as a non-profit association in accordance with the Non-profit Legal Entities Act and the Cultural Heritage Act, and operating in compliance with the Constitution, the laws of the Republic of Bulgaria and its Statutes.
The mission of the Centre is to enable cooperation in the area of the intangible cultural heritage at national, regional and international level, and to implement initiatives aimed at safeguarding and promoting the intangible cultural heritage of the countries in South-Eastern Europe.
The goals of the Centre are:
- To promote the UNESCO Convention on Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage and to contribute to its implementation in the sub-region of South-Eastern Europe;
- To increase the participation of different communities, groups and individuals in safeguarding the intangible cultural heritage in the countries of South-Eastern Europe;
- To enhance the capabilities of the UNESCO member-states in South-Eastern Europe for safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage;
- To coordinate, exchange and disseminate information about the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage in the sub-region;
- To promote regional and international cooperation for the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage;
- To support the efforts for safeguarding the elements of the intangible cultural heritage in the region inscribed on the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage and the UNESCO List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- To support and assist the countries in the region in identifying and inventorying the intangible cultural heritage and in developing systems at national level to recognize the intangible cultural heritage located in their territory;
- To cooperate with institutions tasked with studying and safeguarding the intangible cultural heritage at local, national and regional level, as well as to assist them in establishing contacts among themselves;
- To support and participate in activities for training experts in the area of the intangible cultural heritage;
- To make efforts for strengthening cooperation with UNESCO and with the respective similar institutions in other countries and regions.
As a data controller within the meaning as per Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Personal Data Protection Act, we treat with the utmost seriousness the privacy of the individual and guarantee to the fullest extent possible the protection of their personal data in the process of handling them in connection with our work.
Contact details of Association ‘Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under UNESCO Auspices’
State: Republic of Bulgaria
Address: 7 Lachezar Stanchev St., Borough of Izgrev, City of Sofia
Phone: +359 2 444 21 03, Fax: +359 2 444 37 40
Data protection officer:
Address: 23 Lajos Kossuth St., 1st floor, apt. 1
Phone: +359 2 427 19 19
Please be advised that as a data controller, the Centre is in full compliance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council, the Personal Data Protection Act and the instructions issued by the relevant supervisory body: the Personal Data Protection Commission.
All matters concerning the processing of personal data should be referred to the data protection officer of the Centre.
We process the following personal data:
You are under no obligation, nor do we require of you to enter or submit identifying (personal) information in order to browse our website or to access most of its content.
In case you, at your own discretion, would choose to disclose your personal data, specific details about your person or other information about yourself or your actions, in any of the publicly accessible sections of the Website, please be aware that the Personal Data Protection Act will not apply to such information and that Association ‘Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under UNESCO Auspices’ cannot be held liable for such disclosure.
Personal data collection for purposes of provision of services requested by the user.
When you ask a question or express an opinion using the contact forms provided specifically for that purpose on the website, you submit your personal information that is necessary for the performance of the requested activity and for contacting you. That information gets entered into a database on a secure server. Association ‘Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under UNESCO Auspices’ will not make that information available to any third parties.
Links to other websites
This Declaration of Confidentiality does not cover references on this Website to other websites. We suggest that you read the respective declarations of confidentiality of the websites that you visit.
Your personal data are connected in two ways:
- Contact form, used to handle inquiries or requests from our users;
Your personal data are used exclusively for the purposes described above.
Your personal data can be made available to: postal services, for the purposes of delivering parcels containing documents and the need to identify the recipient upon delivery; persons hired in contract to service equipment, software and hardware used in the processing of personal data and necessary for building the data controller’s network and for provision of various services involving reporting of, and billing for, products and services, technical support, etc.; authorities, institutions and persons to whom we are obligated by the current law to supply personal data; providers of electronic certification services in cases where a document involved in the provision of a product or service is to be signed electronically; providers of services pertinent to organizing, storage, indexation and destruction/deletion of archives in hard copy and/or electronic form; persons providing consulting services in various fields.
The data controller shall under no circumstances make your personal data available to a country that is not a member of the EU or an international organization.
The retention and processing of your personal data shall take as little time as possible depending of the purposes of such processing and in compliance with the provisions of the current law, in accordance with the principle of storage limitation.
Your rights as a data subject at any point in time, for as long as the Centre stores and processes such data, are as follows:
- The right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data by the Centre;
- The right to access and request a copy of your personal data;
- The right to make corrections in cases of gaps or inaccuracies of your personal data;
- The right to limit their processing;
- The right ‘to be forgotten’, i.e. to have your personal data deleted if they are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were gathered, or if you have withdrawn your consent, or if they were collected and/or processed unlawfully;
- The right to object to certain types of processing or to their processing in general.
- If you believe that your rights under Regulation 2016/679 have been violated, you can file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Commission at: 2 Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov St., Sofia 1592 (www.cpdp.bg).
The Centre may decline to delete your personal data, if you have requested such deletion, solely:
- For reasons of public interest, in fulfilment of instructions by the authorities, for purposes of archiving, for research or statistical purposes or on other ground specified in a law.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.