Work plan 2014 of Regional Centre Sofia28/05/2014
Intervention by Ambassador Alexander Savov, Permanent delegate of Bulgaria to UNESCO03/06/2014
“FAIRYLAND OF LEGENDS, MYTHS AND TALES FROM MY HOMELAND”
CHILDREN DRAWING CONTEST
To celebrate the Children’s Day on June 1st the Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe is pleased to announce a drawing competition for children on the theme “Fairyland of legends, myths and tales from my homeland”. The aim is to show how children from South-Eastern Europe aged between 8-14 years interpret inherited from parents, grandparents and school lessons and traditions.
Conditions of participation:
- The competition is open to children aged between 8-14 years;
- Maximum amount of the image should not be larger than A3 size;
- Contact information (in Bulgarian/English language): full name, age (day, month, year of birth), compete address, telephone number, e-mail on the back of the picture;
- The drawing should be accompanied by a description (in Bulgarian/English language) of the illustrated and its connection with the unique intangible cultural heritage in the respective region – on a separate paper;
- Permitted participation of drawings painted with: aquarelle, pastels, coloring pencils and more, as well as other mixed drawings techniques;
- Deadline: drawings shall be sent by post or by courier until 31st of August 2014 at the address of Regional Centre Sofia, which is the following:
Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under the auspices of UNESCO
zh.k. “Iztok”7, “Lachezar Stanchev” Street, SOFIA 1797, BULGARIA
- Each participant may present one drawing only;
- By sending work for the competition, the participants automatically declare their copyright to the organizers;
- The participants provide to the Regional Centre Sofia the right to put on display their works at a special traveling exhibition around the countries in the region as well as to use a non-profit in order to ensure the visibility of the ideas of 2003 Convention.
All drawings received by 31st of August 2014 and obtained eligible of the competition, will be assessed by an expert jury. There will be prizes for the first three (3) winners. The names of the winners will be announced on the website of the Regional Centre Sofia https://unesco-centerbg.org/ and on its facebook page: Unesco Centre Sofia.
This competition is organized under the sole responsibility of the Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in South Eastern Europe and DOES NOT IMPLICATE UNESCO IN ANY MANNER.