The First China – Central and Eastern European Countries Expert-Level Forum on Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage08/11/2016
(БЪЛГАРСКИ) Пътуващ университетски семинар „Обмен на знания за нематериалното културно наследство на Югоизточна Европа“21/11/2016
International Conference of UNESCO Balkan Clubs and Organizations “Intangible Cultural Heritage at the Balkans – Government and Non- Government Sectors United in Safeguarding Europe ‘vital roots’ ”
The Conference is organized by Club UNESCO Leonardo Da Vinci-Sofia in cooperation with the Regional Center for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under the auspices of UNESCO and the Diplomatic Institute to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria.
It is held under the auspices of the National Commission for UNESCO – Bulgaria and the European Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centers and Associations.
With the Conference we would like to commemorate also the 70th anniversary of UNESCO’s foundation and the 60th anniversary of Bulgaria’s accession to UNESCO. The event is included in the action plan of the Regional Centre for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in Southeastern Europe under the auspices of UNESCO.
The Conference will take place on 24th and 25th November 2016 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria (2, Alexandar Zhendov Str.), Sofia, Bulgaria.
In 2003 the General Conference of UNESCO admitted a Convention for safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage (ICH) focused on collecting and safeguarding the unique “vital roots” of mankind in the area of oral traditions and expressions (including language as a vehicle of the intangible cultural heritage); artistic and performing arts; social practices, rituals and festive events; knowledge and practices concerning nature and the universe, traditional craftsmanship.
Bulgaria always dedicates a first grade importance to preserve the abundance and variety of these “vital roots”, and is dedicating efforts to accommodate this agreement and the long list of international approaches for collecting, preserving and deploying of World Cultural Heritage.
As a consequence, in 2008 it was exactly in Bulgaria that the First Regional Center for Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe under the auspices of UNESCO was founded.
All activities in this respect show the position of Bulgaria as a pillar in preserving centuries-old cultural values. The success of this with requires all efforts and positive energy of each NGO and Government structure to be integrated with UNESCO designations and objectives.
Good examples of such synergy are France, Italy, Romania, Greece and other countries where NGOs working under the aegis of UNESCO, are united in national federations and actively participate in structuring and development of governmental, regional and local policies in the areas of culture, science and education.
For more than 12 years, Club UNESCO Leonardo da Vinci Sofia promotes UNESCO principles and objectives in the area of Bulgarian culture, science and education.
Objectives of the International Conference:
- Collection of current data for various forms of intangible cultural heritage in Bulgaria and at the Balkans in the context of world intangible heritage
- Best practice exchange for safeguarding of intangible cultural heritage, and networking with governmental and local structures, institutions and NGOs at the Balkans and in Europe
- Discussions about the possibilities for optimization of the mechanisms for identification, documenting, exploring, conservation, development, promotion and networking via formal and nonformal education and experience exchange
- Focus on the necessity of unifying the efforts and coordinating of the activities of governmental and non-governmental organizations, working in the field on intangible cultural heritage
- Structure further recommendations for coordination between governmental and non- governmental organizations for improving the efficiency of the activities for collecting, preserving and promoting the intangible cultural